FANDOM


  • Have you ever thought about this, Eric could be Divergent and that he could be working for Jeanine as a cover and that deep down he really wants to tell people. But have you ever thought about that scenario. Who ever tested Eric at his aptitude test must have a reason why he choose Dauntless. He might of chosen Dauntless because that would give him some coverage from being under covered as a divergent. Like he might be lying to Max as well. Because he was from Erudite which might be the reason why he defeated from that faction. Like Tobias did, he defeated because of Marcus beating him at home and constantly being scared of his own father. But have you ever did think about that one. So who knows, Eric could be a divergent but heavily undercover because of his strong, nasty personality that he has built for himself.

      Loading editor
    • True. I've always considered this possibility but I've also considered the fact that Eric could just be related to Jeanine and was forced to choose Dauntless so the two factions could have an easier connection and would be able to take over

        Loading editor
    • I think if he was Divergent wouldn't Jeanine kill him.............

        Loading editor
    • But him being divergent, Jeanine could make him into the worlds strongest solider like she did try with Tobias.

        Loading editor
    • IDK it is hard to say if u think about it what would happen...........

        Loading editor
    • Because she could be his boss, like someone could be controlling him from inside Erudite's headquarters like they tried to do to Tobias and failed.

        Loading editor
    • could be like that...............

      but sad what they do to Tobias

        Loading editor
    • I know right, he has already been through so much with his father beating him and his mother faking her death and what not. I totally agree with you Willa98

        Loading editor
    • thanx but I have a question did they fake her death cause Marcus abused her alot....

        Loading editor
    • Yes, she had to fake her death to get away from Marcus and she was about to take Tobias with her, but she would make him factionless. Children that are born factionless will remain factionless until the choosing ceremony but they have the choice to join a faction or remain factionless.

      Marcus had beaten her for years and years and one year she just had enough of him beating her, she chose to leave and that meant that she would become factionless and so she faked her own death for her own freedom away from Marcus. Who started to beat on Tobias at an early age. That is why his last fear is his own father.

      That is why she faked her death and reasons why she left and an explanation on what she did was for her own good and that meant by losing Tobias.

        Loading editor
    • I really want to kill Marcus no joke

      i mean seriously Tobias is so SWEET...........

      anybody agree with me

        Loading editor
    • Well since I read and seen the book and movie, I have been a fan of a Tobias and tris for ages now. I think that the books/films are going to show Marcus on who he really is.

        Loading editor
    • better don't u feel u just wanna kill him by reading the books only..........

        Loading editor
    • Yes, but he is so so so hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But he eventually got what he deserved.

        Loading editor
    • wait Marcus hot or Tobias Hot

        Loading editor
    • Tobias, Marcus got what he deserved.

        Loading editor
    • well I so agree with u there he is so hot personally i love his tats OMG

      and Marcus did get what he deserved

        Loading editor
    • Plus have you read my blog yet???

        Loading editor
    • which one??????????

        Loading editor
    • The one on the forums message on my wall

        Loading editor
    • ok

        Loading editor
    • Thanks

        Loading editor
    • ur welcome

      BTW I finished Four and I think that there could be a slight chance of Eric being divergent. IDK I actually change my thinking towards Evelyn after reading Four. It was sad and also how many exculsive scenes did you have in ur copy?????????????

        Loading editor
    • I don't have one, I can't afford to get one.

        Loading editor
    • ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh

      have u read The Transfer or even Free Four they are online on epub bud.

        Loading editor
    • Is it free?????!!!!

        Loading editor
    • yes

        Loading editor
    • Hi! How are you doing? Since I read Divergent early this year (and spoilered myself on the internet) I always thoght that Eric had more than one reason to join Dauntles.  I totally think we CAN have characters deeper than the paper they were printed on.

      It would have been really interesting to read an other side of Eric; as I said before, I only read Divergent and I thoght he was such an ass... But, of course, this happens because we only hear Tris side of the story. I think that, if he had someone he could trust or love around, things could have gone a bit different for him.

      I'm a total believer that Jeanine Matthews is the master of deacive and manipulation; she's gifted at speach and she perfectly knew how to make people do what she wanted. And Jeanine did exactly that with Eric.

      I wish he had a dfferent ending. Veronica could have developed him a little more... I just want him back.

        Loading editor
    • I just wanted to point out that Eric was put into Dauntless for the specific reason of becoming the leader. That way 'his opinions' (or really Jeanine's) could be easily put into the minds of the other Dauntless leaders. (SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T READ FOUR) When Tobias and Eric were competing for the leadership position, it was revealed that Tobias watched them in a meeting (Because he is in the control room and such) and that Jeanine had confessed to planting Eric into Dauntless. This is confirmed in Divergent when Tris overheard Eric and Jeanin in the hallway before her attack and Jeanine said something like 'don't forget the reason i had Max appoint you as a leader' or something like that. So it can only be assumed that Eric joined Dauntless because of his Dauntless qualities that Jeanine saw. This basically shouts to me divergent. How convenient that Eric is so cunningly smart and the perfect Dauntless leader? Ding Ding Ding.

        Loading editor
    • OK so most people say that they HATE Eric. I agree. But in a way, I kinda love him. I think he is Divergent. I believe that he could have been in Erudite because he is smart. But that's where Dauntless comes in: His smartness is usually overseen by his cruelty. Eric is really smart AND really brave. He kinda laughs at fear. And I think he could be in Candor. Eric just seems like an honest person to me. In "Four" he says that Four's real name is Tobias and for some reason that just put the thought in my head that he could be in Candor. I also think Jai Courtney is the hottest man alive... :P

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, I loved his character, and his execution scene was really good. He was Dauntless to the bitter end (though you make a REALLY good case for Divergent actually). I think he was killed off a little early though, I really liked him.

        Loading editor
    • I wish Veronica Roth does a back story like she did for Tobias. I just feel that he is incomplete as a charcter. In some way he might be like Sandor Clegane from Game of Thrones. Some incident in his past must have changed him permanentely, the way Gregor burning his face changed Sandor.

        Loading editor
    • Ummm.. Spoiler alert but he dies but tobias so he doesn't get that far..

        Loading editor
    • But=by

        Loading editor
    • But I totally agree that he was... I mean all signs(there were a lot) pointed to him being divergent, I mean it's right there in the book(s) people!! 😝

        Loading editor
    • I actually think he might be divergent maybe not related to Jeannie but still.ive always wonder why Eric transfered from erudite to Dauntless and it probably would explain why he was shocked to find out Tris was 100% divergent because Maybe Eric is only like 9 or 10 Percent Divergent so he was mad that she was stronger then him.

        Loading editor
    • Yes! that came across my mind, when he was in candor I thought they'll put him under a truth serum and there he will reveal he's a divergent but him being jeannine's son never crossed my mind I just never thought of that but there's a possibility tris' dad and jeannine have a history when they were younger like you know something like puppy love since they're both erudite born and evelyn (four's dad) told tris that they used to be somewhat like friends and reading books together

        Loading editor
    • 112.204.242.232 wrote: Yes! that came across my mind, when he was in candor I thought they'll put him under a truth serum and there he will reveal he's a divergent but him being jeannine's son never crossed my mind I just never thought of that but there's a possibility tris' dad and jeannine have a history when they were younger like you know something like puppy love since they're both erudite born and evelyn (four's dad) told tris that they used to be somewhat like friends and reading books together

      • Eric under the truth serum would have been awesome to see and that would also prove that he is divergent.
      • Then if you say that Eric could be related to Tris and Caleb, like when Andrew was with Jeanine before he transferred to Abnegation to marry Natalie and have Caleb and Tris.
      • But I do also think that there will be a chance that Eric and Tris could be brother and sister as they do look like each other. I wonder if the producers did that on purpose.
      • Eric is Divergent in my point of view and in which he could be under the control of the serum that she put in Tobias in Divergent. So who knows.
        Loading editor
    • I haven't read the books (yet!) but already watching the film I was sure that there is so much more to Eric then anyone knows. I'm sure he was a Divergent and I'm pretty sure there was a softer side to him as well if he would have been given the chance to show it. It would have been interesting to know more about him and I'm sad that VEronica Roth decided to create this awesome character but not go any deeper...

        Loading editor
    • ^I think he is because Eric is Originally From Erudite but he transfered to Dauntless. And for someone Divergents Mostly End up in Dauntless. Divergent and Dauntless both start with D.Eric,Tris,Tori,George,Four and maybe many other divergents ended up in dauntless. Tris is the only special one out of all of them.

        Loading editor
    • If Eric was Divergent Jeanine wouldn't have given him a task like this. "The system removes the threat of anyone exercising their independent will. Divergents threaten that system. It won't be safe until they're removed" She wouldn't trust what she wants removed.

        Loading editor
    • ^He could of been under a serium just like she used Four under a serium to attack Tris. Plus explain why Eric is originally from Erudite and then end up in Dauntless if he wasn't divergent? Explain that then. Because dauntless and Divergent both start with D's and Eric and Erudite both start with E's. Plus Tris is the only who is 100% divergent explain why Eric said "Crap" when he found out tris was 100% divergent and the one Jeanine was looking for. Explain why Eric would leave Erudite for Dauntless if his test didn't show he was divergent.

        Loading editor
    • ^^Eric clearly can't think just like Erudite if he could he wouldn't have transfered to Dauntless.

        Loading editor
    • ^^^And she could of just been using Eric to Get all the other divergents first. If four hadn't killed Eric in Insurgent Jeanine probably would of gotten to Eric after all the other divergents were killed.

        Loading editor
    • ^^^^Plus all divergents were meant to be saved even Tris so clearly Jeanine did not know what was in the box until Tris opened it.

        Loading editor
    • ^^^^^So clearly Tris and All the other divergents that died they all died for no reason.well except Eric because he was sentenced to death and Al killed himself.But still.

        Loading editor
      • sigh* but there's a BUNCH of faction transfers. Just because they transfer factions does not mean that they are Divergent. Take Christina for example. And Will. They were from another faction and yet they succumbed to the control serum. And to that fear serum in the initiation. And what does Divergent and Dauntless both starting with D prove? Plus we don't know if most Divergents end up in Dauntless. We don't know a lot about the other factions.
        Loading editor
    • it's a good idea

        Loading editor
    • i disagree with everysingle person who said Eric was a Divergent person because if Eric was divergent they would have killed him and he dosent have that much erudite teraits he has no candor traits he has Dauntlesss taraits

        Loading editor
    • ^really then why do you think eric transfered to dauntless when he could of just stayed in erudite and helped Jeanine kill divergents. He was probably only one percent divergent.we never did get to see faction test result when he transfered.

        Loading editor
    • Eric was kinda "forced" to go there by Jeannine, who then made him a Dauntless leader, so that it would be easy for her to take over Abnegation with her own army, the Dauntless.

        Loading editor
    • your kind of proved Divergent if you fit in your old faction, then you transfer and pass initiation, and Eric shows a LOT of Dauntless qualities, so I'm most likely 99.99% sure that he is Divergent.

        Loading editor
    • ^iam 100% sure he is divergent too he's probably just a low percent divergent than the rest of the other divergents.he was upset when he learned tris was 100% divergent.

        Loading editor
    • ^^plus Iam pretty sure jeanine would of killed him after she got done killing off the higher percent divergents. Or maybe he would of lived I don't know I still haven't decided what would happen to him after jeanine was done with his help.

        Loading editor
    • ^^^ yea she might've killed him but inside of that big old pierced head of his he still has some erudite knowledge since he transferred ya know

        Loading editor
    • GirlMeetsWorldFan123 wrote:

      ^^^^^So clearly Tris and All the other divergents that died they all died for no reason.well except Eric because he was sentenced to death and Al killed himself.But still.

      AL WAS DIVERGENT? But if he was divergent how was he failing Dauntless initiation?

        Loading editor
    • 112.204.242.232 wrote: Yes! that came across my mind, when he was in candor I thought they'll put him under a truth serum and there he will reveal he's a divergent but him being jeannine's son never crossed my mind I just never thought of that but there's a possibility tris' dad and jeannine have a history when they were younger like you know something like puppy love since they're both erudite born and evelyn (four's dad) told tris that they used to be somewhat like friends and reading books together

      Spoiler alert: He does get put under the truth syrum in Insurgent or Allegiant I can't remember but he never reveals he's Divergent. I know cause he started talking about Tris so Four was all like "hey don't bring her into this" so eric was all like "why? cause you're doing her? oh wait stiffs don't do that." It was hilarious.

        Loading editor
    • And that would be a weird twist if he was Jeanine's son.

        Loading editor
    • ^^he dies in Insurgent(at least movie wise he dies).

        Loading editor
    • +DivergentLover0508:I think he was still under the red line because tris made it above the red line.so I think Maybe tris beat him in training. It's why Peter,Al&whoever else tried pushing tris off the ledge. Plus Al died in the first half of divergent so I wasn't quiet sure if he was divergent or not. Al basically died too soon before we could find anymore about him.Al for me is a maybe divergent.

        Loading editor
    • +DivergentLover0508:I wish the second movie hadn't killed him off right away because I really wanted to see what jeanine would do to Him after she got done using him for his help. I hate when characters get killed off the second movie! It takes the funny out everything

        Loading editor
    • +GirlMeetsWorldFan123 I know but then Jeanine dies in the book so she couldn't have done anything cause she gets stabbed in the stomach by Tori (RIP). So if she didn't die she probably would've killed him or used him in some way that could've gotten him killed. like using him as bait or something

        Loading editor
    • Willia98 wrote: I really want to kill Marcus no joke

      i mean seriously Tobias is so SWEET...........

      anybody agree with me

      I do!

        Loading editor
    • DivergentLover0508 wrote:

      GirlMeetsWorldFan123 wrote:

      ^^^^^So clearly Tris and All the other divergents that died they all died for no reason.well except Eric because he was sentenced to death and Al killed himself.But still.

      AL WAS DIVERGENT? But if he was divergent how was he failing Dauntless initiation?

      I didn't know that Al was Divergent!

        Loading editor
    • Ss154289 wrote:

      DivergentLover0508 wrote:

      GirlMeetsWorldFan123 wrote:

      ^^^^^So clearly Tris and All the other divergents that died they all died for no reason.well except Eric because he was sentenced to death and Al killed himself.But still.

      AL WAS DIVERGENT? But if he was divergent how was he failing Dauntless initiation?

      I didn't know that Al was Divergent!

      AL is not divergent, he died because he jumped into the chasm. He is not divergent just for the clarification.

        Loading editor
    • Actually, I think it was either implied or stated that most divergent go to abnegation because it's safest there for them (or they purposely fail initiation and become factionless), which was part of the reason why Jeanine was targeting them so heavily. I also think it was stated that Dauntless was the most dangerous faction for a Divergent, because of the simulation testing in the second stage.


      That said, I do believe Eric might have been Divergent himself, and he either didn't care that he was helping to hunt down fellow divergents or was working as a double spy. I also think he might have been Jeanine's son (possibly illigitimately), which might explain why he was working with her/why she was able to force him into Dauntless. And it also might explain why she didn't kill him if he was Divergent.

        Loading editor
    • GirlMeetsWorldFan123 wrote:
      ^I think he is because Eric is Originally From Erudite but he transfered to Dauntless. And for someone Divergents Mostly End up in Dauntless. Divergent and Dauntless both start with D.Eric,Tris,Tori,George,Four and maybe many other divergents ended up in dauntless. Tris is the only special one out of all of them.

      you forgot about Uriah and Al

        Loading editor
    • Tris did describe Eric as an Erudite in Dauntless clothing

        Loading editor
    • I don’t see Eric as divergent.

        Loading editor
    • So you are asking if my future husband is divergent.. hmm idk?

      I totally thought about him being divergent and I think it would be a great plot twist, you know maybe there might be a reason Ehen (in divergent) everybody is injected but Eric is not. Maybe he tries to hide the fact that he is divergent and gets away by saying that he is the leader. However if we come back to Jeanine, she would have tested him or idk he would have given clues about his divergence. And by clues I don’t mean picking up flowers in amity(that would have been funny)

        Loading editor
    • Tris did describe Eric as having a lot in the sly department, but i think he's more street smart than book smart, while an Erudite would have both of these "smarts" - a certain amount of cunning and manipulation would fit his character well, but not enough to give him an aptitude for Erudite. Tris may have simply overestimated Eric, but that's very peculiar to her character as well. Then again, his actions while captaining the losing team during Tris's initiation year make him look rather stupid, so .-.

        Loading editor
    • his actions while captaining the losing team during Tris's initiation year

      I meant "the losing team at paintball". I'm such an idiot uwu

        Loading editor
    • Lol, has anybody realised the irony? Jeneane is hunting dow Divergents, and her acomplice is a Dauntless. But he is working with an Eriudite and acting like one. This shows he has a smart and cunning side to him. Eric is Divergent, but as shown in the last book Eric is killed but not for being divergent. That's beside the point. My point to make was supposed to be that in the middle of Allegiant, it is explained that Tris's jenes are 'pure' and Tobias's are not healed. Eric probably was 50% healed and the rest was 'damaged'.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message